The cryptoverse gained Monday’s battle between bulls and bears – which is expected to continue today in full force.
Many headlines ask rhetorically about the direction in the coming weeks. The question is simple: Will Bitcoin collapse to support at $4,000, or will it go in search of a new historical high?
It is impossible to say where Bitcoin will move in the next few months, but I think some data can help you construct a scenario:
- – Bitcoin managed to escape the broad long-term bearish channel in mid-June. In the last two weeks, Bitcoin tested it again – and for now – it has been respected.
- – Ultra-Long-term indicators show that at no time have bulls lost leadership in the BTC/USD pair. The current advantage of bulls over bears is small. A return to $4,000 would cross these indicators to the bear side and, by the time amplitude, plunge Bitcoin into a long, hard winter.
- – Ultra-Long-term moving averages still move at very low levels, around $4,500. In daily charts, the SMA200 moves around $8,700. The price of any asset usually orbits around this classic moving average of technical analysis.
- – This week is the deadline for the SEC to resolve ETFs over Bitcoin. In recent weeks, several Bitcoin derivative instruments have been launched, such as Futures, Options, and Swaps. It seems complicated to keep barring the passage to an ETF on Bitcoin with these possibilities of obtaining reliable sources of price and implementing risk hedges.
- – The ETH/BTC pair consolidates the bullish trend and keeps the technical pattern active. This pair must be bullish for the market as a whole to improve its valuations.
ETH/BTC Daily Chart
The ETH/BTC crypto cross is currently trading at 0.221, showing some difficulty in conquering the 0.0222 resistance level. The 50-period exponential moving average is about to cross the 200-period simple moving average upwards, which can increase volatility and consolidates the bullish trend if it confirms the bullish cross.
Above the current price, the first resistance level is at 0.0222, then the second at 0.023 and the third one at 0.0256.
Below the current price, the first support level is at 0.020, then the second at 0.0189 and the third one at 0.018…
Continue reading at FXSTREET.com